June 9, 2019 – John Fries
You are cordially invited to our ‘Second Sunday at Six’ program:
Date: June 9, 2019
Time: 6:00 pm
Place: All Saints Episcopal Church
129 North Market Street
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
John Fries is a seasoned pianist with over 70 years of experience. He attained his Bachelor of Science degree in music education from Susquehanna University in 1961 and his Master of Music degree from Indiana University, Bloomington, IN in 1964.
In 1966 and until 1996, he returned to Susquehanna University as a Professor of Music, where he was charged with teaching his students classical and jazz piano, music theory, composition, and arranging, as well as electronic music. He was also in charge of the development of the piano laboratory to be used for group piano lessons.
John is a classical and jazz pianist and composer. His love of music is shown in his continuous participation in performances throughout the area. He is the pianist and bandleader heading up the Jack Fries Trio, Quartet, and Quintet and is an on-call keyboard player with many other musicians. He is also known to perform as a solo pianist around the area on a regular basis.
- Clair de Lune Claude Debussy 1862-1918
- Stardust Hoagy Carmichael 1899-1981
- Fantasie Impromptu Frederick Chopin 1810-1849
- Solace Scott Joplin 1868-1917
- A Child is Born Thad Jones 1923-1986
- Reflections Claude Debussy 1862-1918
- Prelude in G Serge Rachmaninoff 1883-1943
- Georgia Hoagy Carmichael 1899-1981
- Somewhere in Time Barry Jones 1933-2011