You are cordially invited to our ‘Second Sunday at Six’ program:
Date: January 12, 2020
Time: 6:00 pm
Place: All Saints Episcopal Church
129 North Market Street
Selinsgrove, PA 17870
John Fries is a seasoned pianist with over 70 years of experience. He attained his Bachelor of Science degree in music education from Susquehanna University in 1961 and his Master of Music degree from Indiana University, Bloomington, IN in 1964.
In 1966 and until 1996, he returned to Susquehanna University as a Professor of Music, where he was charged with teaching his students classical and jazz piano, music theory, composition, and arranging, as well as electronic music. He was also in charge of the development of the piano laboratory to be used for group piano lessons.
John is a classical and jazz pianist and composer. His love of music is shown in his continuous participation in performances throughout the area. He is the pianist and bandleader heading up the Jack Fries Trio, Quartet, and Quintet and is an on-call keyboard player with many other musicians. He is also known to perform as a solo pianist around the area on a regular basis.
- Sing Me a Song – Bear McCreary
- A Nightingale Sale in Berkeley Square – Manning Sherwin
- Moon River – Henry Mancini
- Ballade from Pour le Piano Suite – Claude Debussy
- The Sound of Music Medley – Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein
- Phantom of the Opera Medley – Andrew Lloyd Weber
- Prelude in G Op. 32 #5 – Sergei Rachmaninoff
- A Child is Born – Thad Jones
- Flying Fingers Rag – John Fries
- Music Box Dancer – Frank Mills