The Executive Committee and the Vestry have reviewed the following response to the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania guidelines for our gathering for Sunday morning worship. Please review the following guidelines. These procedures have been forwarded to Canon Chad Linder, a member of the Bishop’s staff.
A Revised Plan
- All enter by the Market Street parish hall entrance (which is accessible by all). Immediately inside the door will be a greeter who will record the individual’s name. Those entering will be masked or provided a mask for immediate use. Hand sanitizer will also be positioned for all who enter. Those whose contact information is not known will be required to record the information on an attendance sheet. The lower-level parish hall doors will have signage inviting all to proceed to the Market Street doors.
- A greeter will be at the entrance to the nave welcoming and handing our single use bulletins. Disposal gloves will be available for those who wish them.
- Every other pew will be marked as not available for seating. This will allow 10 pews for the congregation. A box of tissues and a paper bag for disposal will be provided for each pew.
- The priest and a crucifer will process and recess for the opening and closing of the service and for the Gospel procession. The priest will carry and hold the Gospel book while reading, keeping appropriate space from the crucifer. The crucifer will be seated by the fireplace during the liturgy.
- The altar party will be the priest only. He will do the altar preparation, using hand sanitizer.
- Communion will be consecrated while covered by a veil. All who wish will receive one kind only (wafer), and receive by the pulpit. (This eliminates the need to use the railing going up and down to the altar). All receiving will use hand sanitizer before receiving and will be encouraged to do so by the crucifer who will be standing next to the hand sanitizer station at the head of the aisle.
- The following protocols will be in place:
- Masks are to be worn at all times, covering the nose and mouth.
- Hand sanitizer is to be used by all just prior to communion.
- Communion will be of one kind only.
- As people approach for communion six feet of distancing needs to be observed.
- Singing is permitted.
- The Passing of the Peace will be observed by verbal responses, and by remaining in the pew.
- Coffee hour may be observed. Hand sanitizer and sanitary wipes will be available in the parish hall.
- The attendance sheet for those present will be stored in the office for future reference should the need arise for tracing purposes.
- Sunday offerings will be stored in the office until Wednesday.
- The entire facility will be cleaned as per the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania pandemic guidelines.
- During the weekdays, all persons entering and working in the facility will be wearing masks, washing hands and using hand sanitizer frequently.
Paul C. Donecker, priest in charge
All Saints Episcopal Church, Selinsgrove